Snippets and snapshots from our north Florida farm.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Farm Update and Happy Birthday Song Cat Happiness at Little Eden Heirloom Farm

2 Corinthians 12: 9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the powers of Christ may rest upon me. 

Wow, May 1st???  Happy May Ya'll!

Well it has certainly been a while since I have posted, wow, I didn't realize it has been so long.  We stay so busy.  I manage Amazon, Etsy, eBay and Facebook orders, I am an artist, baker and farmerette.  Since my last posting I have made many sculptures, paintings and baked a thousand cookies and loaves of bread.  Ron and I have both planted thousands of seeds, plants and pulled six trillion weeds. We have hatch a few hundred chicks and have sold hundreds of dozens of chicken and duck eggs.  We have harvested fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers for ourselves and our customers, as I type this my fingers are purple from picking about four pounds of mulberries this evening.  Mulberry syrup coming soon folks!  We have taken many hundred photographs and numerous videos that we'll be posting. Most will be unedited and even some will be mistakenly vertical (portrait instead of landscape... hint - Seminole Squash video).  

I am here now to spend some time with you and let you know what's been going on at our Little Eden.  So happy you are here.  I WILL post more often as I have so many recipes, videos, photographs to share.  Oh and we also set up our Farm Stand each week, weather permitting, in Panacea, Florida every Friday and Sunday afternoons from around 1-2 p.m. until 5 p.m. 

I am actually creating a bit of time each week, usually on Friday and Sunday afternoons to bring my sketch pad and paints and enjoy creating a sketch or work on a painting.  Super excited to get back into my love of drawing and painting.  I have a Society6 site:  https://society6.com/product/friends-tall-or-small-baby-elephant-sunflower-butterflies-art_print and here's my Etsy art site:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/CountrySquirrelsRUS and hopefully a Fine Art Pixels site soon.  Ron is getting back into leather working and I am super excited about sharing his work with you here.  I stayed up until 3 a.m. this morning baking bread orders so I will sign off for today go check on baby goslings that are pipping out of their shells, go in the office/studio and prep a bit for tomorrow's orders,  shower and off to bed, hopefully before midnight..... 

May the Lord bless you and keep you safe. 

I'll leave you with a video of Ron enjoying the afternoon a bit in the shade, playing musical cats  - Happy Birthday to You song.

Ron and Annette Layton and the Gang
Little Eden Heirloom Farm


No comments:

Post a Comment