Snippets and snapshots from our north Florida farm.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Off to a Good Start

365 blank pages before this book is complete....now there's only 364.

May it be memorable...in a good way.

May I take time to do more things fun. I want a boat to spend time running the local rivers and streams with camera in hand. I want to hike more of the woods to see, to explore.

I want to go to a couple real good rodeos.

I need to be more patient, kind and understanding.

I need to be more like Christ.

I need to stop living in the past ... less holding onto the should haves and could haves and learn to live in the now and think on the good things to come.

I must create more spare time.  I love to paint, sculpt, draw, sew, etc., and want to work less and dabble more.    I sell my dabbles upon completion (countrysquirrelsrus.etsy.com) but I  need to learn that it's OK to dabble for my own enjoyment for my own interior / garden designs.

Yesterday was a good day.  Ron wanted to take the day off and read and asked me what I was going to do.... I said I said I was going to work.  Well, we did a bit of both I reckon.

We now have a much needed new tire on the truck.  We had been blessed with the tire holding up for longer than a year... completely separated around close to the rim.  We put a lot of weight on my sweet little Ranger every week as we load for the farmers' markets, the Lord has certainly protected us.  Money is always tight but we had to get 'er done.

While waiting for the tire installation, we poked around at the jackets....we really needed a warm jacket for each of us.  We found us both one on sale....I'm cold natured but I'm staying warm now!

On our way home we picked up some nice pallets to make more critter night pens and some framing that makes really awesome trellises for beans, tomatoes, etc.

Oh, I found a large stuffed candy cane dog toy on sale....yeah, it's a fan favorite to two of our dogs...one of them just hogs it for herself though.  I made a video, posting it on YouTube and shared it below in a following post. 

Ron asked what I wanted for dinner....doodoo stew was my response.  The second time he asked a ding came on my phone at the same time....recipes...The first one on that email was a recipe for corn chowder with potatoes and carrots.   It is very very good.

While Ron made dinner I went out and between me, two dogs and a turkey I planted about a hundred elephant garlic.  Pink Pickle (one of our turkeys) got himself all tangled up in the string I used to mark the border around the herb garden...He had to lay down with his feet out behind him so I could detangle the crazy bird.

Life is off to a good start here at happy acres, home of wayward cats, goofy dogs, pink pickles, and, of course, organic Heirloom gardens.














No comments:

Post a Comment